04 March, 2018

New Things



A new cast-on for me.  It's not socks!  A new pattern that just came out on Ravelry & some very special yarn that I had stashed for just such a time as now.

Suddenly I needed something other than socks.  It's been a long slog of sock knitting to get enough for the window  display at work.


(It's been a success though, my washing line of socks.  A lot of interest created, & I could have sold them 10 times over I reckon.  Presuming everyone has the same size foot as Stuart or I that is!  Many asked if I had more sizes somewhere or children's socks somewhere to pick from too.  But nope, not for sale.  Having said that though I did sell one pair.  The lady was looking for things to send her soldier son.  He is currently serving in Afghanistan.  So, I have a pair of socks I knitted on the way to Afghanistan.  How cool is that then?)  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely idea that a soldier will have nice warm feet.